If you’re considering purchasing new windows or doors, there are still federal tax credits available for 2013. These credits are an extension of the credits that expired in 2011, and apply for tax years 2012 and 2013.
Purchasing Custom Built ENERGY STAR® qualified products help you save twice — immediately on the tax credit and then over time with reduced energy bills.
- A homeowner tax credit of 10% of the product’s cost (NOT including installation) up to $500, with a $200 cap on windows
- Products must carry the ENERGY STAR® logo, and must be installed between January 1st, 2012 and December 31st, 2013
How to get your credit:
- Purchase ENERGY STAR® qualified window or door products
- Keep the NFRC label that accompanies your product, OR print the manufacturer certification statement for your records
- Provide your invoice with the labor separated from the rest of the job to your tax preparer and claim your credit on your 2012 or 2013 taxes
For the latest information on the tax credit, be sure to visit the ENERGY STAR® website