Purchasing Custom Built ENERGY STAR® qualified products help you save twice — immediately on the tax credit and then over time with reduced energy bills.
A homeowner tax credit of 10% of the product’s cost (NOT including installation) up to $500, with a $200 cap on windows
Products must carry the ENERGY STAR® logo, and must be installed by December 31st, 2013
Limits consumers to a lifetime maximum tax credit of $500. This lifetime limit is for any combination of tax credit qualifying products (windows, doors, insulation, HVAC, roofing, etc) from Jan 1, 2006, to Dec. 31, 2013. Consumers who have already reached or exceeded the $500 limit are not eligible to claim the credit in 2013
HOW TO GET YOUR CREDIT:
- Purchase ENERGY STAR® qualified window or door products
- Keep the NFRC label that accompanies your product, OR print the manufacturer certification statement for your records
- Provide your invoice with the labor separated from the rest of the job to your tax preparer and claim your credit on your 2011, ’12 or ’13 taxes.
- Manufacturer’s Certification Statement for Window and Patio Sliding Door products
- Manufacturer’s Certification Statement for Entrance Doors