When thermal performance, preservation and aesthetics, or budget are a concern, Point 1 historic storm windows are the ideal solution.
Architect-specified Point 1 aluminum storm windows are designed and custom built to ensure maximum energy efficiency and enhance the appearance and value of residential and commercial dwellings. Using only the highest quality components and manufacturing techniques, Point 1 storm windows will provide you with a lifetime of energy savings and trouble-free service.
The Difference is in the details
- Point 1 storm windows are constructed of high tensile strength, 6063 T6 aluminum (industry standard is T5), and they protect the existing underlying window from the harmful effects of wind and weather. They reduce noise infiltration, while adding value and insulation to the building envelope, making them perfect for nearly any application.
- The Point 1 window has a maintenance-free, baked enamel finish, available in a number of colors.
- The Point 1 is double weatherstripped, including its oversized, “no-fail” mechanical interlock, with double finned seals, ensuring a solid barrier against air, water, dust and noise.
Tests prove the Point 1 window offers unprecedented energy efficiency and durability in a storm window. Where current industry standard for air infiltration is 2cfm, the Point 1 is rated at 0.07cfm
Point 1 products blend in a way that is faithful to the original design and character of a variety of architectural and architectural designs. Where many storm windows have been frowned upon or outright rejected, the Point 1 historic storm window has become a favorite of preservation societies. While most commonly used on period homes, Point 1 windows have also been installed on lighthouses, armories and churches, or anywhere a high-performance storm window is desired.
- Hard Coat Low-E Glass
- Tempered Safety Glass
- Lexan (polycarbonate)
- Double Hung
- 2 or 3-section Exterior slider with screen
- 2 or 3-section Interior slider (screen not available)
- Fixed Picture Window (screen optional)
- Standard colors are White, Bronze, Beige, Black and Green
- Custom Color matching is also available
- Interior sliders are available in White or Bronze only
For more information, please download our Point 1 brochure